The General Election season is finally drawing to an end (whew!), and together we accomplished a lot. Joining with activists across the state, we helped register voters, protect access to the polls, get out the vote, and worked towards having all votes counted. We were part of an inspiring massive effort that achieved the greatest voter turnout ever — hurrah for democracy!
Now we have a bit of time to catch our collective breath and regroup, knowing that there is a lot of work ahead.
This coming year the redistricting process will unfold and there will be plenty of ways to get involved. And that’s not all: the past year laid bare how voter suppression works and how vigilant we need to be to protect and expand our 2020 successes in bolstering access to the ballot. Voting rights groups are going to be busy, and we at CJJ plan to expand and deepen our partnerships with groups like Democracy North Carolina, You Can Vote, and Common Cause.
How do you want to be involved? What interests you? What do you stay up at night hoping for? CJJ’s statewide voting rights group is starting to make plans, and we're excited to include your energy and passion!
To join your local chapter's voting rights working group, please sign up below or contact our local team leaders directly:
- Ron Katz, CJJ-West Voting Rights Team Leader (also available by phone: 828-768-4559)
- Marilyn Hartman, CJJ-Durham/Orange County Voting Rights Team Leader
- Terry Grunwald, CJJ-Wake County Voting Rights Team Leader (also available by phone: 919-696-5466)
- Linda Levy, CJJ-Charlotte Voting Rights Team Leader
- If you live outside of one of our established chapters, please contact Debbie Goldstein!