CJJ members are privileged to be in community with the students and teachers at SVARA, a traditionally radical yeshiva which you can learn more about at this link. SVARA's mission is to empower queer and trans people to expand Torah and tradition through the spiritual practice of Talmud study. They have shared these community offerings to us:
- Check out this playlist from our friends at Let My People Sing! with songs created by and song by trans Jews.
- Re-Listen to the series by our friends at Judaism Unbound featuring SVARA Faculty & Fellows: Binya Kóatz | R' Ari Lev Fornari | Koach Baruch Frazier | R' Becky Silverstein & Laynie Soloman
- Watch or listen to Go, Go, To Yourself, SVARA Fellow Maggid Jhos Singer's ELI Talk about finding yourself and telling your personal story.
- Read SVARA Fellow R' Dev Noily's reflection about using they/them pronouns as a rabbi.
- Explore the resources on TransTorah.org.
- Learn about the Non-Binary Hebrew Project, created by SVARA-nik Lior Gross to help non-binary people engage with Hebrew language and liturgy.
Check out SVARA's emerging work of the Trans Halakha Project, which aims to create, shape, and uncover halakha (Jewish practice and the discourse that surrounds it) for trans folks by trans folks.