CJJ's Passover 2021/5781 Haggadah Insert on Antisemitism
This insert for the Yachatz section of the haggadah will offer you and your seder guests a taste of our 2021 Antisemitism Listening Project. Download the insert here.
"Radically at Home": Elsewhere's 10th Annual Radical Seder
CJJ is cosponsoring "Radically at Home": Elsewhere's 10th Annual Radical Seder on Tuesday, March 30, 5:30-7:30PM EST, co-produced with Greensboro Contemporary Jewish Museum and Greensboro Jewish Federation. Register for the Radical Seder to get the Zoom invitation. The event will include CJJ's new haggadah insert!
As we move towards our second Passover in a Pandemic, we invite you to check out these awesome social justice haggadot/supplements/other resources by our partners for use in your own seders.
- Connect the Passover story and today's refugees with the HIAS haggadah.
- Transform your seder into a conversation about immigration, racism, workers’ rights, and forced labor with T'ruah's human rights haggadah, "The Other Side of the River, The Other Side of the Sea."
- Download AJWS’s Global Justice Haggadah to bring our ancient story of freedom into the 21st century, inspiring action to build a better world.
- Highlight the highlight the role Jews must play in confronting racism and abusive policing with JFREJ's #BlackLivesMatter haggadah supplement.
- Learn how to make critical change on a number of issues with JUFJ's Labor Seder and Social Justice Seder resources.
- Add poetry and art to your seder with the modern classic "Love and Justice Haggadah" by Dara Silverman and Micah Bazant.
- Practice your Yiddish with The Workers Circle's "Haggadah for Peysakh."
- Engage in sacred play with "The Liberate Your Seder Haggadeck" from Ritualwell and Taya Mâ Shere.
- Find new seder rituals—including naming new plagues and a new prayer before the second cup of wine—from Ritualwell and Rabbi Jason Klein.
- Entertain your guests with "Escape the Plagues," a social justice Passover puzzle game. Part of the proceeds will go to Jews of Color Initiative.
- Choose from a wide variety of creative and justice-oriented haggadot from Haggadahs-R-Us, available for purchase and download.
- Order slavery-free, kosher for Passover chocolate from T'ruah and Equal Exchange. (Buy by March 15 to ensure delivery for seders!)
ALREADY PASSED: JCA's 19th Annual Freedom Seder
During Passover, as we reflect on our historic journey toward liberation, CJJ invites you to join us at Jewish Community Action's 19th Annual Freedom Seder on Sunday, March 14, at 3:00 pm ET. Register here.
When Pharaoh persisted in his refusal to liberate the children of Israel, Moses and Aaron warned him that God would punish both him and his people. Unlike the ten plagues that were inflicted upon the ancient Egyptians, we recognize that the plagues of today are rooted in oppression and injustice, not divine intervention. These long standing inequities have been exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic, causing disproportionate devastation to the most vulnerable members of our community.